Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bad Days

I haven't experienced a truly bad day in quite a while. I have not experienced a good day too. Every morning I wake up feeling terrible. I am taking this new medicine that is supposed to be making me feel better, but it is not. I wake up every morning feeling really weak. (Needless to say it is hard to get out of bed.) I wake up to a screaming two year old and his parents yelling back at him in Chinese. I finally make it to the kitchen where I try to block everything out of my head and get something to eat, but people are always asking me questions. I don't want to tell them that I really don't care about what I want for dinner tonight when I feel as if I am going to faint right now. It is super hard to keep your cool and not scream at someone when you feel terrible. I have gotten to the point where I feel terrible everyday. I put on a good face and never talk about it, but it gets me down sometimes.

To top it off, I injured my back at work. The doctor said I tore all of my muscle tissue along my spine and that is why it hurts so much to sit for long periods of time. So not only am I feeling terrible all day long to begin with, but now I cannot find a comfortable position to sit. When you have class all day long and have to carry around books, it isn't exactly the best thing for your back.

All in all, my days aren't really that bad. I don't feel great, but my computer hasn't broken down, or I didn't have a fight with my boyfriend, or my car hasn't broken down. I feel lucky to have had most of the things work in my favor and I am constantly surrounded by people I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment